Justice and Righteousnesss
- November 6, 2013
- Spiritual Warfare and Political Economy
- I am sure that most people reading this title will wonder what the two ideas have in common. When I was a PhD student, under Edward Earle Ellis I learned that in Judaism and in the early Church was the view that fallen angelic powers were involved in the affairs of state, and government, or political economy. This is why angelic powers have levels that are associated with political terms. They are
Ethics as Worship
- December 4, 2013
- Guest Post: What’s “Naughty or Nice” Got to Do with It?
- This is a guest post from my wife, Melanie. She originally wrote this post for Biblical Woman, the blog site for the Women’s Programs at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. The post originally appeared here. “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.” (Eph 2:8) I love this time of year! Love everything about it! […]
Law and the Created Order
- June 10, 2013
- Organ Donation Policy and the "Hard Cases"
- Many people have followed the heart-wrenching case of Sarah Murnaghan for the past several weeks and most of those people have been hoping and praying for a miracle. Sarah is the 10-year old little girl who has been very near death in a Philadelphia children’s hospital awaiting a lung transplant. According to the rules that govern organ transplantation, Sarah is two years shy of the birthday